3.28.2008

Encouragement

Well, this has been an encouraging week for me. Many of my close friends probably feel the same way. How else are we supposed to feel when we see the work of God so vividly? I am still somewhat awestruck and speechless when I think about how it began. Chuck, Teresa, and Grant stopped by the school today! He is looking so good! He looks much better without the tube down his throat! I am overwhelmed with joy at the work of God! He is indeed good.

I really wish words could capture our feelings! My soul feels like an eruption of praise! What a wonderful work of God!

Well, I have also been encouraged by a song entitled Beautiful, Scandalous Night:

Go on up to the mountain of mercy
To the crimson perpetual tide
Kneel down on the shore
Be thirsty no more
Go under and be purified

Follow Christ to the holy mountain
Sinner sorry and wrecked by the fall
Cleanse your heart and your soul
In the fountain that flowed
For you and for me and for all

CHORUS:
At the wonderful, tragic, mysterious tree
On that beautiful, scandalous night you and me
Were atoned by His blood and forever washed white
On that beautiful, scandalous night

On the hillside, you will be delivered
At the foot of the cross justified
And your spirit restored
By the river that poured
From our blessed Savior's side


I have been listening to the album "Give Yourself Away" by the Robbie Seay Band. You can listen to a couple of tracks from the album here. On the website there is a link to the album if you like what you hear. I really dig the song "New Day." It is a nice little jingle. "Rise" is a pretty good tune as well! I hope you enjoy them!

I love Robbie's version of Beautiful Scandalous Night! He has this knack for taking songs of Scriptural Truth and playing them in a way that touches the soul. I would highly recommend you spend the money for that song at least. It is available at the itunes music store.

Here is a link to the original writers of the song. They have two versions available on the site. I prefer Robbie's, but I have also listened to that song alone for about 8 hours.

I hope the Lord uses it to encourage and motivate you as much as He did me!

1 comment:

Leila said...

I agree Curtis! In Church today I just wanted to stare at Grant - he's still here! I couldn't even believe it when he walked in last week...it's such a treat to get to talk to him. I love telling people Grant's story because God showed Himself off in such an awesome way.