3.31.2010

Jesus Christ our Hope


oh blessed hope, to Calvary
thou art forever tied,
resting in the Savior who
suffered, bled, and died.

creation's wrath could not impair
the hopeful path Thou trod,
when on the tree Thou did assuage
the very wrath of God!

offended God, eternal rage
His unrelenting wrath,
was placated, yes satisfied
by Christ on my behalf.

but useless was my slate wiped clean
if Christ stayed in the grave,
now forever more He lives!
and I with Him, His slave!

since the Father doth approve
of all work of the Son,
I have grace through granted faith
His love forever won!

though this pilgrimage doth seem
a hard and vicious road,
now justified I have this hope
to onward in me goad.

now rejoicing in the hope
of the glory of God,
His Spirit doth in me reside
and through all trials doth prod.

plodding onward to the day
when hope shall realize,
faith shall be sight, love purified
when Christ besets my eyes!

No comments: