9.30.2008

In The Beginning

Many people view fall as an ending -- the end of summer, the end of baseball season, the end of warm sunny days, the end of the vacation season, etc. However, fall marks many significant beginnings in my life. For example, it is the time when my beloved Michigan Wolverines awake from their off-season slumber for an adrenaline-filled dogfight in pursuit of the national title. Students return from their sleep-laden summer to rouse the cognitive juices amassed in their minds. Our Youth Ministry, One28, officially begins the ministry season. This year even marked the opening of our church's new restrooms!

As providence would have it, the beginning of our ministry year signaled the beginning of a new book! Our Undershepherd officially began teaching through the Book of Beginnings! Although he teased us with three weeks of introduction, this past Sunday he finally reached the first two verses! What a delight to ponder The Creator!

Just meditating on
"In the beginning God..."
is enough to fill the rest of my life! When you add
"created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters"
your brain accelerates towards explosion. So, to assist you in increasing your amazement, and consequently quickening your mental detonation, click here. I highly recommend you watch the short video immediately after the third paragraph. Utterly Amazing! We have NO IDEA the depths of the mind of The King! Surely we are a vapor and dust on the scales. Yet He created all of this to show off His glory to us! And we can barely scratch the surface! Just kill me now so I can be with Him! I am getting pretty excited about living in the presence of the Holy One!

Don't forget to check out the 9 pictures near the end of his post!

2 comments:

SKH said...

I was waiting for this promised post, and was not disappointed. Thanks for sharing the link, I'm on my way to view the video.

Leila said...

Thanks Curtis! I have always loved looking at pictures of stars and thinking - God made that because He could - to show Himself off - to cause us to glorify Him. The vastness is so humbling and so good in reminding me of the strength and might and power of God.